Hot Water Bottle // Saimaannorppa
Textile Composition: Cover 100% pure new wool. Inside plastic hot water bottle 2 liters.
Northern nature and the environment are precious to Lapuan Kankurit, hence they are fundraising for the Finnish Association for Nature Conservation, Suomen luonnonsuojeluliitto, to protect The Saimaa Ringed Seal - an endangered species of seal living in Lake Saimaa, Finland.
Saimaannorppa, the Finnish version of "leopard pattern", is designed by Kaarina Tiainen and the print on each hot water bottle is slightly different, just like each Saimaa Ringed Seal. Lapuan Kankurit donates 1,70€ to Suomen luonnonsuojeluliitto for each sold hot water bottle .
- The cover of the hot water bottle is spun in Europe out of 100% New Zeeland wool.
- The plastic bottle is made in Germany.
- Mulesing free yarn.
- Yarns are dyed in Europe.
- Product development, design, material purchasing, bindings of the fabric and programming of the jacquard machine is done in Lapuan Kankurit's own weaving mill in Finland.
- Warping, preparing, weaving, finishing, drying and fabric inspection is done in Lithuania in Lapuan Kankurit's partly owned weaving mill.