Do Book Series // Birth
Whether it’s your first, second or fifth baby, most of us approach childbirth with some trepidation. Yet this life-changing event can and should be a positive one.
Caroline Flint is a practising midwife and one of the most inspirational figures in the world of childbirth. Over the years she has helped hundreds of women give birth comfortably and confidently. And now she will help you.
Find out how to:
- Make preparations for being in labour, or even having your baby, at home
- Help labour progress quickly and smoothly
- Make a hospital birth more homely
- Enjoy the first hours, days and weeks with your newborn
- Having a baby is one of life’s most exciting adventures. This book will help you to embrace it.
- Full of practical advice so women can have a better birth experience – whether at home or in hospital
- Written by one of the most inspirational figures in the world of childbirth
- Caroline Flint has been a practising midwife for 37 years, a former President of the Royal College of Midwives (1994‑5), a founder member of the Association of Radical Midwives, and the first Chair of the Midwives Information and Resource Service.
About the author: Caroline Flint knew from the age of eight years old, when her baby sister was born at home, that she wanted to be a midwife. Since then she has become an inspirational figure in the world of childbirth. She has been a midwife for over 37 years working in hospitals, women’s homes and she ran the Birth Centre in London for over two decades. She has three children of her own and 12 grandchildren – nine of which she delivered. She continues to run antenatal courses for the NCT.
Publisher: The Do Book Co
Number of pages: 96
Weight: 150 g
Dimensions: 178 x 120 x 10 mm