Do Book Series // Story
Today’s world wants to know you and the real story behind why you do what you do. Whether you have a product to sell, a company mission to share or an audience to entertain, people are far more likely to engage and connect if you deliver a well-crafted story with an emotional core.
Bobette Buster is a story consultant, lecturer and screenwriter who works with the major studios and in top film programs all over the world. In this, her first book, she shares the tools and principles used by some of the world’s best storytellers and helps you apply them to your own. Find out:
- How to source, structure and shape your story
- Ways to discover the essence of your story
- Why forming an emotional connection with your audience can take a story from good to great
So, what’s your story?
- Learn the 10 principles of storytelling that will take your story from good to great
- Bobette Buster's first book, condensing two decades of storytelling knowledge
- Includes practical exercises
About the author: Bobette Buster grew up in Kentucky, in a region renowned for its great storytellers. As a student she produced an oral history of the area that is now archived at the Kentucky Museum. She then moved on to Hollywood to learn the business of script development, and now writes, produces and lectures at the major studios including Disney, Pixar and Twentieth Century Fox. She also leads storytelling workshops all over the globe. Since 1992 she has been Adjunct Professor at the University of Southern California’s Graduate School of Cinematic Arts where she created the first MFA program in Original Feature Film Development.
Publisher: The Do Book Co
Number of pages: 160
Weight: 172 g
Dimensions: 178 x 120 x 13 mm