Do Book Series // Improvise
Everyday we deal with the unplanned and the unexpected - from a broken toaster to losing (or gaining) a major client. Our natural ability to improvise gets us through. But we feel as if we’re winging it, rather than acting with courage and conviction.
Robert Poynton teaches an acclaimed method to some of the world’s biggest brands and companies. Improvisational skills that an actor might use on stage are honed and applied to the everyday business of work and life. The end result is a new approach that embraces change as a natural process and has creativity and innovation at its heart.
With killer games to put the theory into practice, Do Improvise will help you:
- Become more productive without trying harder
- Overcome creative blocks and generate new ideas
- Respond fluently to circumstances beyond your control
- Inspire and motivate others
- Not sure what to do next? Improvise.
- How using basic improv skills in business will radically improve your performance
- Simple quick-to-learn method used by global brands such as Nike, Orange and Disney
- Ideal for directors, managers and employees who value innovation and agile thinking
- Includes killer games to put theory into practice
About the author: Robert Poynton is the co-founder of On Your Feet, a consultancy that uses improvisational ideas, tools and experiences to help people in organisations – from local start-ups to global brands such as Nike and Disney – to work together more effectively and creatively. He is an Associate Fellow of the Saïd Business School at Oxford University where he works on the Strategic Leadership Programme. He is an Associate Partner at eatbigfish, a challenger brand consultancy, with whom he has collaborated for more than 10 years.
Publisher: The Do Book Co
Number of pages: 152
Weight: 227 g
Dimensions: 178 x 120 x 21 mm