Do Book Series // Fly
Do Work You Love. Sounds simple, doesn’t it? But the reality can be quite different. Whether you're just starting out or simply ready to head in a new direction, you're going to need some help turning your natural skills into success-seeking missiles of radness.
On hand is Gavin Strange, a creative working by night under the name of JamFactory and, by day, at Aardman Animations – the Academy Award-winning studio behind Wallace & Gromit and Shaun the Sheep.
With advice, encouragement and a reminder that life’s too short to not pursue your passion, whatever your age or position – from school leaver or graduate just starting out to CEO ready to head in a new direction, Do Fly will inspire you to:
- Change your perspective and revamp your mindset
- Develop creative side projects
- Stay optimistic and resilient
- Discover skills and passions you never knew you had!
- Do Fly is your all-in-one guide, ticket and passport to a new destination. Are you ready for take off?
- An inspiring, practical guide to finding and doing work you love
- Aimed at school-leavers, graduates and grown-ups looking for change
- Gavin is Senior Designer at Academy Award-winning studio Aardman Animations
- Gavin's own colour photography and graphics
About the author: Gavin Strange is a senior creative at Aardman Animations, the Academy Award-winning studio behind Shaun the Sheep and Wallace & Gromit. He is a believer in creative side projects and, by night, develops his own under the name, JamFactory. He is a speaker on the global circuit including OFFF, FITC and Wired: Next Generation. He took an unconventional route to get to where he is and urges young people to find a fulfilling vocation, to be stimulated and inspired every day. Gavin lives in Bristol, England with his wife and their greyhound Arnie.
Publisher: The Do Book Co
Number of pages: 128
Weight: 181 g
Dimensions: 178 x 120 x 10 mm